11 January 2011

Tucson

I live in Arizona. Phoenix metro, not Tucson. But this is still front row seats for the insanity.

For those who live under rocks and have missed it, Jared Loughner went to an event being held by Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords on Saturday and opened fire. He killed 6 people, including a federal judge and a 9-year-old girl. The Congresswoman was shot in the head and is still recuperating.

I don't think the EMTs even had everyone scooped up and off to the hospital before people were blaming Palin, Beck, O'Reilly, Limbaugh, the Tea Party, violent rhetoric, and 'this climate of hate'. Even the County Sheriff is in on it.

First of all, there has been no evidence whatsoever that he was politically motivated in any way, left, right, or middle.

Second, he's been obsessed with Gabby for years. A friend of his told the press that Jared went to another of her events and came back disillusioned because she didn't give a satisfactory answer to the crackheaded question he asked her. This was in 2007. Long before Palin's appearance in Aug of 2008. Her map of targeted districts involved a horrible coincidence and that is ALL.

Third, it would appear that the politics he espouses run from crazy left to crazy right, without any stop at "rational" in the middle. I've read (and if I'm wrong, please do correct me) that his favorite two books are 'The Communist Manifesto' and 'Mein Kampf'.

Fourth, I have a question. Y'all remember the guy that opened fire at Ft. Hood? The one shouting "Allah Akbar" while he shot at fellow soldiers? Yeah, him. Why, praytell, did everyone immediately start hollering "Don't judge! Don't jump to conclusions!" But this time, oh, it's right away the fault of the Tea Party, et al.

It's time I officially out myself. The more I read, the more I watch, the more I research, the more "Tea Party" starts to define me. If that makes you hate me, then so be it. I don't agree with the crackheads out there any more than you do.

I like Glenn Beck. I like Bill O'Reilly. I like Laura Ingraham. I even like Sarah Palin. Do I agree with everything they say? No.

And before anyone starts at me, yes, Beck is a little crazy. Doesn't make him wrong. Yes, O'Reilly interrupts people - when they try to avoid a question. What else you got?

So now there are many people calling for restriction of free speech, gun control, closing down Fox News, etc etc.

At the risk of sounding like an 8 year old...."No, you shut up!"

Quiz time!! Subject - Violent Rhetoric. I have some quotes for you. You see if you can tell me who said them. Hint: they are all from the same person.

"We will continue fighting."
"If they bring a knife, we will bring a gun."
"We're gonna punish our enemies."

What's your answer?

Beck? No.
O'Reilly? No.
Palin? No.

Obama. Yes, really. Yet the media isn't blaming him. And where are his statements about not jumping to conclusions that he was quick to jump in with after the Ft. Hood shooting?


Congresswoman Giffords is coming along nicely, last I heard. Breathing on her own and responding to doctors and moving her arms. I hope she continues to do so and regains full health. I further hope that she can move past this horrid event without blaming anyone but the single crackpot who pulled the trigger.

1 comment:

  1. This is excellent, Nat, and I concur with everything you say here. You totally rock, y'know?

    ReplyDelete