18 January 2011

Latest reading

I keep hoping that at some point this blog will get a little more...streamlined? Cohesive? Whatever the word is, I'm not quite there. All over the proverbial map, that's me. Now you understand the subheading up top there. This whole experience is giving you just a teensy peek into my brain and the constant whirlwind in there. I guess it shouldn't surprise me when I can't sleep.

Anyway, I read A TON. Almost literally. In 2008 I read a grand total of 110 books. People go a little bug-eyed when I tell them that, it's funny. If you will glance to the left side of this page, you'll see two book lists. One is my favorites and the other is books pertaining to the political, things I'm reading specifically to educate myself. Yes, it is weighted a little heavily right - that's where my information has been lacking. But there are several left leaning things on there as well.

Most recently is George W. Bush's "Decision Points". Not a complete autobio, by any means, it highlighted the major things that happened during his administration - there is a chapter on 9/11 and one on Katrina, plus several other things.

I've come to one hardcore conclusion....the media are mostly a bunch of lying bastards. Why does he have such a rep for being dumb? Is it because he deliberates before he runs his mouth? Or because he has a tendency to misspeak? Plenty of smart people have that problem - open their mouths and out comes gobbledegook.

He acknowledges in the book where he made mistakes - hi, being voted President doesn't make you infallible. He also points out plenty of times where the mistakes were NOT his, but he was blamed anyway.

Like the Katrina thing and the "slow response from the Federal gov't". He couldn't take over until the LA governor asked for Federal assistance, and she DIDN'T.

Etc. The ridiculousness of the media makes my brain hurt.

Still have a knee high stack of books to read. Sheesh, I need to get on 'em. Next up is Palin's newest....

2 comments:

  1. How was Palin's newest book? I haven't read it yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed it - it's been 2 months since I read it, though, so I'd have to flip back through it to give you any more than that. :-D

    ReplyDelete