02 January 2011

Absence makes the heart grow fonder

In which case, y'all should be loving me right about now. Been gone, baby, gone since just after the elections - obviously. First it was just overload, then the holiday craziness hit, plus I had bronchitis in there and stuff. Am back now and I'm planning on staying. So we'll see what happens.

My sis loaned me a stack of books today, including several on Reagan. She's a big fan of his, even named her daughter after him. Plus one on the Revolution and a couple of others. And my dad got a couple for Christmas that I've been waiting my turn on. So my incipient reading stack is rather tall just now. Knee high, at least.

Hm, current thoughts. I have none. The last week - well, 10 days, really - has been so busy that I have missed news and current events and everything. And I do NOT feel introspective just this second, even with it being a new year. Happy 2011, btw, hope it's a wonderful year all the way around.

Here's to new beginnings and better lives, yours as well as mine. I'll kick it off in the next day or so, after my brain shifts back to "normal", whatever that is.

See you soon - and stop drinking the champagne, sheesh.

No comments:

Post a Comment